sexta-feira, 18 de julho de 2008
He is not trying to go to L.A.
He and I
She and I
working very much.
trying go to LA.
deciding about the trip;
doing the homework.
making a chocolate cake.
bringing food for the party.
talking about you.
segunda-feira, 30 de junho de 2008
1) Quem era Martin Luther King? Ele recebeu o prêmio antes ou depois de sua luta por direitos civis nos EUA?
2) Que ordem Mrs. Parks recebeu do motorista do ônibus? Que atitude ela tomou?
3) Que nome se dá à discriminação sofrida por Mrs. Parks? Como é esse termo em Inglês?
4) Martin Luther King orientou seus seguidores para que parassem de usar os ônibus. Que nome se dá a isso? Em quem ele se inspirou?
5) Transcreva do texto “em inglês” as palavras correspondentes à luta e defender.
domingo, 29 de junho de 2008
- Worksheet: Music
1) Put this song in correct order:
( ) Rise up this morning
( ) Don´t worry about a thing
( ) Smiled with the rising sun
( ) Singing “This is my message to you.”
( ) `Cause every little thing´s gonna be all right
( ) Singing `Don´t worry about a thing
( ) Singing sweet songs of melodies pure and true
( ) `Cause every little thing´s gonna be all right`
( ) Three little birds beside my doorstep
One day a woman named Rosa Parks was traveling home from work on a Montgomery bus, in Alabama. She was tired after her day's work. She sat down in one of the seats at the back of the bus that were for black people. White people used the ones in front .But the bus was crowded that night and there weren't enough seats for everyone. When a white man got on the bus and couldn't find a seat the driver ordered Mrs. Parks to get up and give him hers.
Afterwards Mrs. Parks said she didn't know what made her do it .Usually she did as she was told. But that night she refused to give up her seat. The driver called a policeman. She was arrested and dragged off to prison.
When Dr. Martin Luther King heard about it he said: "we could all stop using the buses" .If the passengers did it the bus companies would have serious financial losses.
This was what he meant by “nonviolent direct action" .It was action that would express the people's strong feeling without attacking anyone. He got the idea from Gandhi, whose picture hung over his desk. He had always admired Gandhi.
It was a hard struggle; but at last the black, under the leadership of King, proved their point, based on the Constitution.
In one of his famous speeches, Luther King said: I say to you today, even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream .His dream was that of a country where men would be truly equal. “I have a dream that my four little children one day will live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character… With this faith we will be able to work together, to struggle together, to go to prison together ,to stand up for freedom together, knowing we will be free one day”.
(Adapted from Great People or Our Time, Carol Christian,
Macmillan Education Led, 1973, p. 64-67)
quinta-feira, 26 de junho de 2008
Complete the sentences, Use the correct plural form, next translate the sentences:
1) The __________ of the _______ are waiting for you. (wife / policeman)
2) The __________ are playing with their _________ in the garden. (child / boy)
3) There are _________ or fresh ________ and _________ at the street market. (box / tomato / peach)
4) The __________ are sleeping but the __________ are not. (baby / boy).
5) I like to eat hot _______________. (potato)
6) They are taking the _____________ to the police station. (thief)
7) Brush your ____________ after dinner. (tooth)
8) Those ________ are valuable. (picture)
9) The __________ are late. (bus)
10) It´s possible to learn new _________ in this song. (word).
- As demais palavras terminadas em f ou fe, fazem o plural regular, ou seja, com o acréscimo de s.